1905 - Isaac J. Collins and six friends had the dream of buying the Lancaster Carbon Company with $8,000. Proved not to be enough, so Mr. E. B. Good stepped in with a cheque of $17,000 and necessary resources to get the Hocking Glass Company going, named after the close by river.
1924 - rebuilt after a tragic fire
1937 - Anchor Hocking Glass Corporation was born out of a merger between Anchor Cap, Closure Corporation and its subsidiaries with Hocking Glass Company.
1950 - established a Research and Development Centre
1959 - built a new facility
1962 - built a new glass container plant
1963 - took on a subsidiary
1968- entered the plastic market
1969- dropped “Glass” from their name
1970 - purchased the Phoenix Glass Company to enter the lighting field and purchased Taylor, Smith & Taylor
1978 - purchased Shenango China
1981 - Taylor, Smith & Taylor was sold
1983 - company's to divest its interest in the Glass Container Division to an affiliate of the Wesray Corporation.
1987 - Anchor Hocking Corporation acquired byThe Newell Corporation
2006 - filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection and the Anchor Hocking assets were sold to a unit of Monomoy Capital Partners
Image from Collectors Weekly
Image from Ruby Lane
Image from Etsy
To purchase the chip and dish set, visit Found.
Sources and further reading
Groves, Samuel. Anchor Hocking. Retrieved from https://www.samuelgroves.com/Anchor_Hocking_History
Collectors Weekly. Anchor Hocking Glassware. Retrieved from https://www.collectorsweekly.com/glassware/anchor-hocking
Anchor Hocking Glass Museum. History of Anchor Hocking. Retrieved from